Terms and Conditions
These are the HDTech Repair Terms & Conditions for repairs:
HDTech Repair ("HDTech") will service your product according to the description and charges provided on the Order.
- HDTech warrants for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of service (1) that service will be performed in a competent and workmanlike manner and (2) that all parts used to service your product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, unless otherwise specified.
- HDTech will not cover: shorted output transistors, abuse of the unit, physical damage, lightning and power surges and any issues not related to the repair conducted on the unit.
- The foregoing warranty is an express limited warranty and in the event of breach, HDTech will either (i) re-perform the service, (ii) repair or replace the part, or (iii) refund the cost of the service provided. In order to claim under the warranty, you must return your product to the location where service was performed, at your expense. THIS WARRANTY AND ASSOCIATED REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. HDTech specifically disclaims any and all implied warranties including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. If HDTech cannot lawfully disclaim implied warranties, then all such warranties are limited in duration to the express limited warranty. Some states (countries and provinces) do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty (or condition) may last, so the limitation described above may not apply to you.
- HDTech recognizes that your data may be important to you. Data loss during service is possible, and in some cases, data may be unrecoverable, erased, or reformatted during service. Therefore, it is solely your responsibility to back up all existing data, software, and/or programs from your product and decide whether to erase any such data from your product before receiving service. HDTech is not responsible for loss, recovery, or compromise of data, software, or programs, or loss of use of your product or other equipment arising from the services provided by HDTech. You represent that your product does not contain any illegal files or data.
- You acknowledge that your device may be sent out by common carrier to be serviced by an external service provider. For this reason, we recommend that you back up your device and wipe it before submission for service.
- If service is needed due to failure of parts that are not original to the product or due to damage caused by abuse, misuse, or any external cause, HDTech reserves the right to return the product to you without servicing it and may hold you responsible for any indicated diagnostic fee. HDTech will not be responsible for any damage to the product that occurs during the repair process that is a result of any unauthorized modifications or repairs or replacements not performed by HDTech. If damage results, HDTech will seek your authorization for any additional costs for completing service even if the product is covered by warranty or an HDTech service plan. If you decline authorization, HDTech may return your product unrepaired in the damaged condition without any responsibility.
- As part of service, HDTech may install system software updates that will prevent your product from reverting to an earlier version of the system software. Third-party applications installed on your product may not be compatible or work with your product as a result of the system software update.
- If service requires labor and/or parts not specified on the Work Authorization, HDTech may seek your approval of a revised estimate. If you do not agree that HDTech may revise the charges, HDTech may return your product and hold you responsible for any indicated diagnostic fee.
- HDTech may use parts or products that are new or previously used genuine parts that have been tested and passed HDTech functional requirements. HDTech will retain the replaced part or product that is exchanged as its property, and the replacement part will become your property. Replaced parts are generally repairable and are exchanged or repaired by HDTech for value. HDTech may use products or replacement parts for service that are sourced from a country that is different from the country from which the product or original parts were sourced. If applicable law requires HDTech to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay HDTech the additional cost of the replacement item.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HDTech and its affiliates will under no circumstances be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from services provided or under any other legal theory, including but not limited to loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of the use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of, damage to, or corruption of data; or any costs of recovering, programming, or restoring any program or data stored or used with your product and any failure to maintain the confidentiality of data stored on your product. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to death or personal injury claims. HDTech specifically does not warrant that it will be able to (i) repair or replace your product without risk to or loss of programs or data, and (ii) maintain the confidentiality of data. If any product should be damaged or lost while in HDTech's custody, HDTech's liability will be limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the affected product. Otherwise, HDTech's liability for any and all damage shall in no event exceed the payments received by HDTech Solutions for services provided pursuant to these terms. The remedies set forth herein shall be your sole and exclusive remedies for any breach by HDTech Solutions under these terms and conditions. Some states (countries and provinces) do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- If you have not claimed your product and paid all charges due within sixty (60) days after being notified by HDTech that your product has been serviced, HDTech will consider your product abandoned and may dispose of your product in accordance with applicable law.
- If you ship a unit in which is unrepairable for any reason related to parts availability or or has damages not matching original repair request, the unit will not be repaired and will be sent back to you. You will be issued a refund less cost of shipping of the unit + a $60.00 diagnosis fee. Units arriving in unrepairable condition due to shipping issues will be returned back to you and a refund will be issued less the cost of shipping the unit back to you.